How to Apply
Currently we require applicants to submit hard copies of their application materials via mail. Send hard copies of the required materials by February 1, 2021, to:
Attn: Jeffrey Nelson
Intercollegiate Studies Institute
3901 Centerville Road
Wilmington, DE 19807-1938
Here’s what you need to submit to apply for an ISI graduate fellowship:
- A recent, high-resolution photo
- An original, 1,250- to 2,500-word essay responding to the following question: “What is the relationship between liberal education and a free society?”
- One-page CV or résumé of prior education, awards, fellowships, and internships
- A five- to ten-page personal, philosophical, and professional autobiography
- A five- to ten-page academic writing sample
- At least two academic letters of recommendation (may be sent separately from application materials). Letters of recommendation may be mailed or submitted via email.
- Unofficial transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if award is granted, official transcripts must be provided by the issuing institution or the applicant) (may be sent separately from application materials)
- Brief responses to each of the following:
- Why you have chosen teaching as a profession
- Why you desire a fellowship
- How you learned of the ISI graduate-fellowship program
- A signed declaration of intent to teach, written in your own words
Note: Personal philosophical statement and academic writing samples must be 12-point standard font, one-sided, and double spaced. Please make sure your contact info is prominent and that your name is included on all documents.
We will announce the 2021–22 ISI Graduate Fellows in April 2021. Applicants will be notified by email.
Questions? For more information on the graduate fellowships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org