HOW TO APPLY
Application deadline for 2022–23 graduate fellowships: January 15, 2022
Here’s what you need to submit to apply for an ISI graduate fellowship:
- A recent, high-resolution photo
- An original, 1,250- to 2,500-word essay responding to the following question: “What is the relationship between liberal education and a free society?”
- One-page CV or résumé of prior education, awards, fellowships, and internships
- A five- to ten-page personal, philosophical, and professional autobiography
- A five- to ten-page academic writing sample
At least two academic letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line “Reference for [NAME OF APPLICANT].
- Unofficial transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if award is granted, official transcripts must be provided by the issuing institution or the applicant) (may be sent separately from application materials)
- Brief responses to each of the following:
- Why you have chosen teaching as a profession
- Why you desire a fellowship
- How you learned of the ISI graduate-fellowship program
- A signed declaration of intent to teach, written in your own words
Note: Personal philosophical statement and academic writing samples must be 12-point standard font, one-sided, and double spaced. Please make sure your contact info is prominent and that your name is included on all documents.
We will announce the 2022–23 ISI graduate fellows in in the spring. Applicants will be notified by email.