ISI seeks an Alumni and Outreach Manager to assist the Institute in strengthening ties with its educational program alumni and with outreach to partner organizations.
Founded in 1953, the Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI) is a nonprofit organization that educates for liberty, equipping future leaders to embrace and defend the principles that make America free and prosperous.
The ideal candidate is a “connector” who shares ISI’s mission of educating students in the “permanent things,” and has a dynamic, community-building approach to networking with alumni and partner organizations from all corners of conservatism while upholding ISI’s values. This team member will drive ISI alumni communications and fundraising, spearhead ISI’s annual Homecoming Weekend for 200+ attendees, communicate and coordinate with partner organizations to advance ISI’s initiatives, and build community among ISI’s alumni base through regular communication, travel, and events.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, this is a full-time position based at ISI’s Kirby Campus in Wilmington, Delaware, with remote work considered for exceptional candidates.
- Lead efforts to grow ISI’s Alumni Monthly Donor Club ($19.53/month), coordinating with Development and Marketing department as needed
- Build relationships with alumni, connecting or reconnecting them to ISI through phone calls, emails, and in-person meetings
- Track meeting/call notes in Salesforce, leveraging the database for successful relationship cultivation
- Be an advocate for ISI alums, e.g., helping to connect them with valuable professional and educational opportunities
- Write and distribute an email newsletter for alums, and look for opportunities to improve alumni communications over time
- Serve as team lead—coordinating with the Events Manager—for ISI’s annual Homecoming Weekend event for 200+ attendees, along with smaller events such as alumni happy hours
- Manage and grow a repository of key contacts for organizational outreach
- Connect with key organizational contacts on behalf of ISI, coordinating with Marketing and other departments to secure organizational event sponsorships and co-marketing for a range of ISI events
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s or master’s degree, 2+ years of work experience in alumni engagement, fundraising, marketing, business development, or other relevant experience such as copywriting, data management and relationship management; and will be aligned with ISI’s mission. The candidate should have excellent people skills, and should be congenial, detail-oriented, and self-motivated, with the ability to identify talented alumni. Candidates must also be willing to travel for a few days per month as needed. Candidates should be dependable, organized, and eager to learn about nonprofit programs, marketing, and development operations. The candidate should also have excellent time-management and organization skills. Strong Microsoft Office and Salesforce skills are a plus.
Please use the form below to submit the following application materials as one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position/the mission of the organization, and your salary requirements
- A list of three references
If you have questions, please email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be considered as received. ISI is an equal-opportunity employer.