Are you someone who loves talking about liberty and American politics on social media? Would you like to be? ISI seeks a social media manager and copywriter to assist in ISI’s marketing efforts. This is the perfect position for someone looking to start a career in conservatism. You’ll learn how and eventually become an expert in communicating ISI’s mission, beliefs, and events to the broader world. You’ll gain hands-on experience with cutting-edge and professional marketing tools.
The skills learned in this position will carry over into any profession and career.
This is a full-time position based at ISI’s Kirby Campus in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Craft and post social media content in line with industry best practices.
- Write copy for marketing emails, press releases, advertisements, and webpages
- Coordinate with outside contractors such as copywriters, graphic designers, advertising agencies, and printers as needed.
- Work as a member of the marketing team to curate and repurpose content from ISI’s vast archive of material—decades of lectures, debates, essays, books, etc.—to engage target audiences.
The ideal candidate will possess relevant experience either in the form of formal education or with a portfolio of work. He or she will be a highly organized, tech-savvy self-starter with a willingness to learn new marketing skills. ISI is looking for someone willing to roll up their sleeves and do the work.
- Knowledge of social media and copywriting best practices
- Experience with email marketing software and social media scheduling tools
- An understanding of marketing metrics
- Basic graphic design skills in Canva or equivalent product
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Ability to travel for weekend conferences 3-5 times per year
Enthusiasm for ISI’s work to educate for liberty and pass on the enduring principles of Western civilization is a must, along with a passion for keeping up with emerging trends and best practices in marketing.
Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills, CRM experience (preferably Salesforce), and experience with social media, Mailchimp, WordPress, Photoshop, Google Analytics, and/or other marketing tools are a plus, as is experience staging photography or working with a professional photographer.
Founded in 1953, the Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI) is a nonprofit organization that educates for liberty, equipping future leaders to embrace and defend the principles that make America free and prosperous. This position would work to increase the reach of our audience and engage with our current audience
The ideal candidate shares ISI’s mission of educating students in the “permanent things,” and has an energetic, creative, and data-based approach to using an array of marketing channels to build awareness of and affinity for ISI’s mission, values, and programs.
Please use the form below to submit the following application materials as one PDF:
· Cover letter detailing your interest in the position, the mission of the organization, and your salary requirements
· Sample of creative work (graphic design, copywriting, managed social media account, etc.) and/or personal website link
· A list of three references If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be considered as received. ISI is an equal opportunity employer.