ISI seeks a Marketing Intern to assist the marketing team in efforts to promote the ISI brand and serve ISI’s top-line institutional goals as it educates for liberty and serves as the hub of intellectual conservatism in America.
The ideal candidate shares ISI’s mission of educating students in the “permanent things,” and has an energetic, creative, and data-based approach to building an awareness of and affinity for ISI’s mission, values, and programs.
This is a part-time position— up to 20 hours per week—based at ISI’s Kirby Campus in Wilmington, Delaware. ISI will pay $15-$20/hour, commensurate with experience.
About the Intercollegiate Studies Institute
Founded in 1953, the Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI) is a nonprofit organization that educates for liberty, equipping future leaders to embrace and defend the principles that make America free and prosperous. Too many college students feel isolated or attacked for questioning the ever-narrowing range of debate on campus. ISI introduces them to the American tradition of liberty and to a vibrant community of students and scholars. Our students get an education and a community they don’t find at their universities—and in the process, they become articulate voices for conservative principles.
- Edit and draft email copy
- Craft and post social media content
- Edit video content for cross-platform distribution
- Upload podcast episodes and prepare soundbites for social media distribution
- Assist marketing department with research and suggest data-driven decisions
- Work with the marketing team to curate and repurpose content from ISI’s vast archive of material—decades of lecture, debates, essay, books, etc.—to engage target audiences using video and audio
The ideal candidate will have completed at least one semester of college and possess a keen appreciation of aesthetic detail. Students studying marketing or business are preferred, but students studying other subjects may also apply.
He or she will be a highly organized, tech-savvy self-starter who will assist with the marketing team to strategize and build new marketing campaigns by leveraging the following competencies:
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills are a plus.
Enthusiasm for ISI’s work to educate for liberty and pass on the enduring principles of Western civilization is a must, along with a passion for keeping up with emerging trends and best practices in marketing.
How To Apply:
Please use the form below to submit the following application materials as one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of the organization
- A list of three references
- OPTIONAL: Sample of creative work (graphic design, copywriting, managed social media account, etc.), personal website link, or a writing sample
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be considered as received. ISI is an equal opportunity employer.