ISI seeks a Marketing Associate to execute advertising and marketing efforts to promote the ISI brand and serve ISI’s top-line institutional goals as it educates for liberty and serves as the hub of intellectual conservatism in America.
Founded in 1953, the Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI) is a nonprofit organization that educates for liberty, equipping future leaders to embrace and defend the principles that make America free and prosperous. Too many college students feel isolated or attacked for questioning the ever-narrowing range of debate on campus. ISI introduces them to the American tradition of liberty and to a vibrant community of students and scholars. Our students get an education and a community they don’t find at their universities—and in the process they become articulate voices for conservative principles.
The ideal candidate shares ISI’s mission of educating students in the “permanent things,” and has an energetic, creative, and data-based approach to building an awareness of and affinity for ISI’s mission, values, and programs.
This is a full-time position based at ISI’s Kirby Campus in Wilmington, Delaware, with remote work considered for strong candidates.
- Contribute to and coordinate marketing campaigns in an array of channels (email, social media, print), maintaining brand consistency and ensuring alignment with departmental and institutional goals
- Craft and post social media content
- Coordinate with outside contractors such as copywriters, graphic designers, and printers as needed
- Work with the marketing team to curate and repurpose content from ISI’s vast archive of material—decades of lecture, debates, essay, books etc.—to engage target audiences using video and audio
- Serve ISI’s fundraising and overall institutional goals by collaborating with ISI’s Chief of Staff, development team, and any and all outside consultants on direct mail, digital fundraising, and database administration, ensuring an alignment of goals and tactics
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree, 3+ years of relevant experience, and a keen appreciation of aesthetic detail.
He or she will be a highly organized, tech-savvy self-starter who will collaborate with the marketing team to strategize and build new marketing campaigns by leveraging the following competencies:
- Graphic design skills/experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Basic knowledge of market research, metrics, audience segmentation, and the importance of multichannel marketing
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Ability to travel for weekend conferences 3-5 times per year
- An understanding of SEO marketing and importance of cross-channel integration
Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills, CRM experience (preferably Salesforce), and experience with social media, Mailchimp, WordPress, Photoshop, Google Analytics, Hubspot, and/or other marketing tools are a plus, as is experience staging photography or working with a professional photographer.
Enthusiasm for ISI’s work to educate for liberty and pass on the enduring principles of Western civilization is a must, along with a passion for keeping up with emerging trends and best practices in marketing.
This position is full-time.
How to Apply
Please use the form below to submit the following application materials as one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position, the mission of the organization, and your salary requirements
- Sample of creative work (graphic design, copywriting, managed social media account, etc.) and/or personal website link
- A list of three references
If you have questions, please email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be considered as received. ISI is an equal-opportunity employer.