ISI is seeking a full-time Grants Manager to support its vital mission by securing funds, managing key foundation relationships, and identifying new opportunities for support.
Reporting to ISI’s Chief of Staff, the Grants Manager will support ISI’s major gifts program and development team in executing the fundraising strategy of the Institute. The candidate will use their experience in grant writing to secure funding for its educational programs by cultivating relationships with grant makers and crafting compelling proposals and reports. The Grants Manager will be well-organized and demonstrate a strong ability to write coherent and compelling proposals to secure support for projects and general operations. This is a full-time position located in Greenville, DE with remote work considered for strong candidates. Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
About the Intercollegiate Studies Institute
Founded in 1953, the Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI) is a nonprofit organization that educates for liberty, equipping future leaders to embrace and defend the principles that make America free and prosperous.
- Write, submit, manage, and follow-up on grant proposals, reports, supporting documents, and other communications with philanthropic foundations
- Manage a repository of key documents (such as ISI’s 501(c)(3) determination letter, 990s, annual budget, etc.) needed for the grant cycle
- Develop and maintain an understanding of ISI’s history, structure, objectives, programs, and funding requirements
- Play a leading role in the execution of the Development team’s strategy
- Assist with Development operations and special projects as needed (e.g., overseeing occasional Donor Club and Annual Report mailings in-house)
- Join weekly development team meetings and regular check-in meetings with the Director of Major Gifts and Chief of Staff
- Perform other fundraising duties as required, including tracking activity in Salesforce and maintaining thorough records of communications with grant-makers
- Minimum of two years relevant experience, including direct experience writing proposals and managing the granting-reporting process from beginning to end
- Bachelor’s degree
- Deep appreciation for and desire to further the mission of ISI
- Excellent writer
- Superior time-management skills
- High degree of personal initiative and conscientiousness
- Experience with Salesforce and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) is preferred
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications, your interest in this position and the ISI mission, and your salary requirements
- Writing sample of a letter of inquiry or grant proposal (does not need to list specific organization)
- All submissions will be kept confidential
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Network Engagement Specialist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.