ISI is seeking a full-time Grant Writer to support its vital mission by securing funds, crafting foundation communications, and identifying new opportunities for support.
Reporting to the Director of Foundation Relations, the Grant Writer will support ISI’s major gifts program and development team in executing the fundraising strategy of the Institute. The Grant Writer will be well-organized and demonstrate a strong ability to write coherent and compelling proposals to secure support for projects and general operations.
This is a full-time position with remote work considered for strong candidates. Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
- Write, submit, manage, and follow-up on grant proposals, reports, supporting documents, and other communications with philanthropic foundations
- Manage a repository of key documents (such as ISI’s 501(c)(3) determination letter, 990s, annual budget, etc.) needed for the grant cycle
- Develop and maintain an understanding of ISI’s history, structure, objectives, programs, and funding requirements
- Play a leading role in the execution of the Development team’s strategy
- Assist with Development operations and special projects as needed
- Join weekly development team meetings and regular check-in meetings with the Director of Foundation Relations and Director of Major Gifts
- Perform other fundraising duties as required, including tracking activity in Salesforce and maintaining thorough records of communications with grant-makers
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience, including direct experience writing proposals and managing the granting-reporting process from beginning to end.
Above all else, the candidate should be an excellent writer. He or she should also exhibit superior time-management skills, a high degree of personal initiative and conscientiousness, and, crucially, a deep appreciation for and desire to further the mission of ISI.
Experience with Salesforce and strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills are a plus.
Please use the form below to submit the following application materials as one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position/the mission of the organization, and your salary requirements
- A list of three references
If you have questions, please email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be considered as received. ISI is an equal-opportunity employer.