ISI seeks an Events Manager to organize outstanding and unforgettable events for its community of donors, alumni, students, and faculty committed to educating for liberty.
This is a full-time position based at ISI’s Kirby Campus in Wilmington, Delaware, with remote work considered for strong candidates.
To APPLY for this position, fill out the job listing HERE.
Founded in 1953, the Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI) is a nonprofit organization that educates for liberty, equipping future leaders to embrace and defend the principles that make America free and prosperous.
ISI seeks an Events Manager to organize outstanding and unforgettable events for its community of donors, alumni, students, and faculty committed to educating for liberty. This person needs to be well-organized, possess a sound knowledge of all aspects of event management, and exhibit a keen appreciation for well-executed events. Excellent communication abilities and attention to detail are vital in this role.
This is a full-time position reporting to the National Director of Student Programs. It is based at ISI’s Kirby Campus in Wilmington, Delaware, with remote work considered for strong candidates. ISI’s annual major events are located in Wilmington, Delaware or the Washington D.C. area, with some smaller events hosted throughout the year in other metropolitan areas such as New York City or Dallas-Fort Worth, TX.
- Serve as the event planning and execution lead for ISI’s annual Gala for Western Civilization (approximately 250-300 attendees), Conservative Book of the Year Award Dinner and Homecoming Weekend (~250-300 attendees), and other major events throughout the year
- Ensure that the look and experience of ISI events align with the Institute’s brand identity
- Select venues
- Approve menus
- Develop seating plans for each event
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes
- Maintain event budgets
- Coordinate travel for all participants and/or work with relevant teammates to do so
- Coordinate with all speakers
- Arrange audio/visual and photographic needs and any other event services
- Support the ISI communications team in event marketing
- Work with the ISI development team and senior leadership to determine donor and other relevant strategies for key events
- Order and manage inventory of promotional materials and giveaways used at events (i.e. folders, pens, notebooks, books)
- Ensure all registration tables and key event rooms have ISI tablecloths, backdrops, banner bugs, brochures, etc., and are in prominent/visible locations, and that signage is appropriate to need and directs participants or visitors to event locations
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to ISI’s standards
- Solicit feedback and produce after-action reports
- At least 2-5 years of experience in events; specifically experience planning more extensive, hands-on events that involve 100+ guests
- Ability to travel when needed
- Outstanding vendor management skills
- Excellent communication skills; ability to multi-task and juggle multiple events in varying stages of the planning process simultaneously
- Keen appreciation for branding and visual presentation
- Willingness to occasionally work on nights/weekends
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills required
- CRM experience (preferably Salesforce) and experience with events management software (Cvent) is a plus
- Experience with audio/visual setup and needs also a plus
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as PDFs:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position, the mission of ISI, and your salary requirements
- A list of three references
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Network Engagement at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.