The Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI) seeks a Digital Marketing Manager to develop and implement ISI’s online marketing strategies and use ISI’s online platforms and tools to meet key institutional goals and metrics.
Founded in 1953, ISI is a nonprofit organization that “educates for liberty.” Too many college students feel isolated or attacked for questioning the ever-narrowing range of debate on campus. ISI introduces them to the American tradition of liberty and to a vibrant community of students and scholars. Our students get an education and a community they don’t find at their universities—and in the process they become articulate voices for conservative principles.
The Digital Marketing Manager plays a vital role in growing the number of students ISI engages and educates. This role also is responsible for communicating with ISI’s other core constituencies: faculty, alumni, and donors.
The Digital Marketing Manager manages a six-figure annual budget and collaborates with teammates across the organization to generate leads, new members, applications, event registrations, and other key objectives necessary to fulfilling the ISI mission. Reporting to the Vice President for Content and Marketing, the Digital Marketing Manager works closely with the Social Media Manager and the various ISI departments to produce marketing materials, content, messaging, and campaigns.
This is a full-time position based in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Develop and implement an online marketing strategy to meet ISI’s institutional objectives, regularly optimizing ISI’s marketing efforts and tactics to reach growing numbers of students, faculty, alumni, and donors
- Write excellent “copy that sells”—i.e., copy that speaks to the needs of ISI’s target audiences and achieves high conversion rates across various platforms, including email, social media, landing pages, and other web pages
- Schedule email blasts, manage audience segments, update lists, and optimize email marketing to increase engagement and decrease churn
- Conceive and develop online content offers that attract and engage growing numbers of students, faculty, alumni, and donors
- Curate and repurpose content from ISI’s vast archive of material—decades of lectures, debates, essays, books, etc.—to engage target audiences online using video and audio
- Manage and optimize the ISI website—updating and building pages and forms, studying data to optimize performance, and creating new posts as well as curating archival content
- Work with the Social Media Manager to update content calendars to ensure regular and effective content and promotion across all ISI channels
- Work with the Social Media Manager and a small group of contractors to ensure that ISI’s social media efforts grow our target audiences, with an emphasis on strong engagement among our followers
- Collaborate with ISI colleagues across various departments to ensure the successful promotion of ISI events and programs, data quality, and the implementation of marketing best practices
- Regularly conduct market research to build knowledge of target audiences as well as best practices in digital marketing
The Digital Marketing Manager brings essential marketing skills to ISI’s online efforts, including:
- fluency in marketing and digital-marketing best practices
- an understanding of branding and positioning online
- a rich understanding of ISI’s target audiences
- the ability to analyze and act on data and to develop and implement online marketing campaigns
- excellent copywriting and content-editing skills
- proficiency in social media and email marketing tools and platforms
- proficiency in Google Ads, Analytics, and other Google tools
- project- and budget-management skills
- a positive attitude and flexible work style, including the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- familiarity with Photoshop and audio/video-editing software a plus
To apply for this position, you should have:
- Four or more years of digital marketing experience
- A bachelor’s degree
This position is full-time.
How to Apply
Please use the form below to submit the following application materials as one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing: a) your interest in this position, b) your interest in/commitment to the mission of ISI, and c) salary requirements
- A list of 3+ references