ISI seeks an Intern to assist with back-office Development department operations, ensuring that donors to the Institute are personally and promptly thanked for their giving and that all relevant information is tracked in Salesforce.
This is a part-time position— up to 20 hours per week—based at ISI’s Kirby Campus in Wilmington, Delaware. ISI will pay $15-$20/hour, commensurate with experience.
About the Intercollegiate Studies Institute:
Founded in 1953, the Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI) is a nonprofit organization that educates for liberty, equipping future leaders to embrace and defend the principles that make America free and prosperous.
The ideal candidate shares ISI’s mission and is eager to learn more about nonprofit fundraising and development.
- Assist with the donor acknowledgment process, ensuring gift acknowledgment letters and receipts are personalized based on previous giving history and printed, signed, and sent in a timely manner
- Make thank-you phone calls to $100 – $999 direct mail donors using an approved script/guidelines
- Assist with data entry in Salesforce
- Assemble and mail donor communications, including new donor welcome packets
- Assist the Chief of Staff, Development, and Operations teams as needed with special projects related to donor research, communications, and data entry/reporting
Candidates should be dependable, organized, and eager to learn more about nonprofit development operations. A congenial, outgoing personality and a willingness to engage with donors over the phone are requirements. While there is some flexibility with regard to schedule, this is not a remote position. Candidates must be able to work from ISI’s office at least two days per week.
Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills are a plus, as is familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM software.
How to apply:
Please use the form below to submit the following application materials as one PDF:
- Brief cover letter detailing your interest in the position/the mission of the organization
- A list of two references
If you have questions, please email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be considered as received. ISI is an equal-opportunity employer.