The Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI) seeks a Database Administrator to oversee the constituent relationship management (CRM) software that is central to our organization’s educational programming, fundraising, alumni relations, and communications.
Founded in 1953, ISI is a nonprofit organization that “educates for liberty.” Too many college students feel isolated or attacked for questioning the ever-narrowing range of debate on campus. ISI introduces them to the American tradition of liberty and to a vibrant community of students and scholars. Our students get an education and a community they don’t find at their universities—and in the process they become articulate voices for conservative principles.
The Database Administrator plays a vital role in driving ISI’s growth and advancing its work by overseeing the Institute’s 250,000+ constituent records in the Salesforce database. These records include students, alumni, faculty, donors and donor prospects, and subscribers. Reporting to ISI’s Vice President for Operations, the Database Administrator works closely with all ISI departments to maintain quality constituent data and provide timely, accurate reports to help achieve ISI’s goals.
This is a full-time position. ISI’s headquarters are in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Maintain quality constituent data, resulting in a Salesforce database that is a trusted source of information for teammates and that supports ISI’s vision and mission
- Establish standard operating procedures for using, updating, and retrieving information in a consistent and understandable format
- Provide database support and train teams across the organization on the uses of the database as well as standard operating procedures unique to membership, fundraising, subscriptions, event management, and other areas
- Keep constituents involved in ISI by updating their records, tracking their activity, and assigning associated benefits
- Report timely and accurate data that contributes to evaluating and achieving ISI’s goals
- Ensure quality data by cleaning up the database monthly, yearly, or through projects deemed necessary
- Four or more years of database administration experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce or similar contact management software
- Strong organization skills and attention to details, with a results-oriented approach
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive attitude and flexible work style, including the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft software, including Excel and Outlook
- Background in computers or mathematics is preferred but not required
How to Apply
Please use the form below to submit the following application materials as one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing: (a) your interest in this position, (b) your interest in/commitment to the mission of ISI, and (c) salary requirements
- A list of 3 or more references
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be considered as received. ISI is an equal-opportunity employer.