ISI is searching for a talented and motivated Associate Events Planner to help organize outstanding and unforgettable events. The main duties of the Associate Events Planner will be to work alongside the Events Manager to produce ISI’s most visible public and educational events. The Associate Events Planner will help the Events Manager organize events for ISI’s multiple departments, including educational programming, Collegiate Network programming, and Modern Age events.
The Associate Events Planner would report to the Events Manager but serve on the undergraduate Program team. This is a full-time position based at ISI’s Kirby Campus in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Selecting venues
- Approving menus
- Developing seating plans
- Managing all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes
- Maintaining event budgets and collecting relevant expenses from colleagues to estimate event spending
- Coordinating travel for all participants and/or working with relevant teammates to do so
- Coordinating scheduling and travel with all speakers
- Arranging audio-visual and photographic needs and arranging any other event services
- Supporting the ISI communications team in event marketing
- Ordering and managing inventory of promotional materials and giveaways used at events (i.e. folders, pens, notebooks, books)
- Ensuring all registration tables and key event rooms have ISI tablecloths, backdrops, banner bugs, brochures, etc., and are in prominent/visible locations, and that signage is appropriate and directs participants or visitors to event locations
- Conducting final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to ISI’s standards
- Evaluating success afterward
The Associate Events Planner should be organized and dynamic, with an ability to address last-minute issues and have a plan in place for contingencies. This candidate must have excellent communication skills and attention to detail. The Associate Events Planner will work at ISI’s beautiful campus headquarters in Wilmington, Delaware.
1. At least 1 year of experience in event planning or another relevant field (e.g., project management)
2. Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities and a willingness to learn.
3. Vendor management skills.
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Willingness to occasionally work on nights/weekends.
Please use the form below to submit the following application materials as one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position/the mission of the organization, and your salary requirements
- A list of three references
If you have questions, please email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be considered as received. ISI is an equal-opportunity employer.